As a child, I had an unusual love for our local library and for children’s books in general. I spent a huge part of my childhood lugging home a bag of books – and then reading, reading, and reading. Getting to pass down that love to my daughter is something I anticipated as soon as we found out we were expecting.
These are the books we read multiple times each week.
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late! … a perfect book for papa to read at bedtime with a quirky pigeon voice.
- The Runaway Bunny … a perfect book for a protective, new mama.
- Goodnight Moon … in our bedtime routine, every night. It always brings on big yawns
- The Going-To-Bed Book … even gets packed for bedtime when we are traveling.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar … chubby baby fingers fit in the holes where the caterpillar has been “eating.”
- Charley Harper ABCs … the colors and illustrations of the animals are seriously cool.
- The Rainbow Fish … a book with sparkle and good moral at the end.
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt … an adventurous sing-song book.
- Piggies … The illustrations are amazing, plus it gives an excuse to shower your sweet babe with kisses. Don and Audrey Wood make my list of favorite children’s authors.
- The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear … this book is seriously cute, from the same authors as Piggies.