Find my #1 gift HERE. But if you can’t empathize with a new mama, here are a few other ways to brighten her day.
- Grab a gift certificate so the new mama can make a book of all those hospital photos that are impossible to delete.
- Fill a basket at Trader Joe’s with healthy snacks for a girl with her hands full, and add in this pumpkin body butter for a luxurious treat. (p.s. buy it in store for only $3.99)
- There’s nothing like going through an entire TV series while you’re nursing a new baby (Friday Night Lights, Downton Abbey, Call the Midwife, or my current fave – The West Wing) – BUT try reading a book when your eyes need a break from the screen. Cold Tangerines: Celebrating the Extraordinary Nature of Everyday Life is perfect choice since each chapter is like a mini-story and the author, Shauna Niequist, was pregnant with her first son while writing it.
- Grab a punchy orange-red lipcolor. I promise it looks adorable on anyone (and has been a hit in the JCrew style guide). NARS Heat Wave is a classic choice, or pick Hot Coral for under $10.
- When the rest of your body feels foreign, a fierce pair of leopard flats that are completely on-trend give a mama some serious street cred. I just wore mine on a recent date night!