I’ve started planning one small goal for each of my 5 big goals for the year. This has been super helpful to keep me from getting spread too thin in a month. Plus, I know I’m moving forward (hopefully!) in each of the areas that mean the most to me.
- Speak life to Zach. Ugh. I should have known it would take more than one month to work on this deep-down heart goal. Now that it’s a goal, I’ve noticed A LOT more regret after saying something that hurts others. So, I have hope that I’ll start holding my tongue more. I’m not giving up.
- Listen to a sermon podcast and start marking up my Bible with notes. Well, I listened to one sermon, but I’ve definitely been marking up my Bible with notes from Sunday sermons and my Lent journal. Loving this.
- Lent: Shopping freeze (no browsing or spending). Done. I spent one Sunday getting the littles some summer clothes, but I’ve been enjoying the time gained by NOT browsing online. It’s helping me make my online life mean something more than just time frittered away.
- Complete the spring issue of Influence Magazine. Woosh. Nope. Planning on next month, but we’ve made good headway and I’m SO excited about this spring issue. It’s going to be beautiful and super refreshing!
- Goals becoming Habits – read 2 books this month, try a new recipe each week, and read my Bible daily. Check. I read Eleanor & Park, The Rosie Project (my favorite), and The Light Between Oceans.
Surprise goal of the month? So, after a visit to the dentist and a gentle chastising….I added the goal of brushing my teeth 2x a day.
- (Bible) Pick a verse to memorize: prov. 18:21.
- (Marriage) Speak life + hold my tongue.
- (Self-Care) Walk outdoors.
- (Celebrate) Easter with a Seder meal with our small group. The end of busy season with a family day!
- (Settle in) Prune the garden.
Goals becoming Habits – read 2 books, try a new recipe each week, no shopping, and read my Bible daily.
“Words kill, words give life; they’re either poison or fruit – you choose.” prov. 18:21, the message