It took me until September 9th to remember to flip the page on the calendar in our kitchen to a new month. I always love September, with its crazy weather fluctuations dipping into the brisk cold then jumping back up for a few last reminders to soak in the sunshine. But it has been a hectic month, for sure. Little Tommy is turning one, the Influence Conference magazine is in the final stages of editing, and we just returned from a trip down to Lake Keowee with friends and family.
So, a bits and bobs post seems totally appropriate to fill you in on the little things I’ve stumbled on in the last month.
- After posting this photo on insta, bemoaning the slow, awkward regrowth of hair that fell out after having Tommy, I think you’ve all convinced me to try bangs again.
- I’ve got a haircut scheduled for Evelyn and myself. I’m thinking something like this! Do you take photos to your hairstylist? It’s one of my favorite reasons to use Pinterest – so much better than those hair magazines.
- Have you seen the documentary, Tiny? (It’s on Netflix!) Zach and I couldn’t stop talking about it, and then I stumbled on this beautiful tiny house by designer, Jessica Helgerson. It will change the way you think about simplifying and stuff.
- I’m not super great about staying on top of current events and the news, since we don’t sit down for the 6 o’clock news or get a newspaper. I recently signed up for The Skimm Newsletter, which is a daily email about the headlines and what you need to know about them. It has been a good, small step in the right direction. I also found this article from Clementine Daily very insightful.
- Last year I went to Madewell for a little styling session to get ready for fall. If you’re looking for some outfit inspiration – here are the outfits, and I’m wearing them here and here.
For my local, Indiana girls…
- Riehle’s is truly the best Indiana popcorn. We bulk ordered 10 bags. You can find it on Amazon too along with this popcorn popper, which has become one of our most-used wedding registry items.
- Because Indiana ranks particularly low on the list of healthy states in America, my friends Alex and Sonja, from A Couple Cooks, are hosting a fun Instagram challenge to cook a healthy meal in September and share a photo of it. Check out all the details for #cookforhealthseptember (each post is an entry to win 3 months of free groceries!) I’m playing along, join me?
- It seems like it’s been for-e-ver since we’ve been on a date, but we have one on the calendar with plans to try a new-ish restaurant in town, Rook. I’m so excited for the steamed buns, which I haven’t had since our New York trip last April.