In the last two weekends, Zach has singlehandedly converted our backyard from a formal English garden, full of ivy, a brick patio, and a fountain, into a lush, level, grassy expanse for our kids to play in. I’m so excited to have this project done, since we were thinking it would have to wait until spring. I’ve been taking pictures every morning to mark his progress, which will be fun to share once it all turns green. Fingers crossed the grass grows! Next, we’re hoping to go apple picking with the kids (here are last year’s pics!). I just love this time of year.
Bits + bobs from the last month or so….
- Fell down a rabbit hole looking at gorgeous homes by Studio McGee, especially the Lynwood Remodel.
- Lived-in minimalism, with a pretty pegboard wall to boot.
- Putty colored ankle boots are on my fall wish list.
- Still loving this formula apparently = silk + cropped pants + oxfords (Also seen here.)
- Two sample chapters of Wild and Free were not enough. Can’t wait for the rest in May.
- Spot-on article about tech + modern motherhood.
- My secret to online shopping.
- Our house church is reading this book together. Smart, timeless, thought-provoking.
- Legit mom style.
- I cannot wait to read this next.
- A Ruth Reichl interview! She has become one of my favorite authors ever since I read Garlic and Sapphires
four years ago. I’m thrilled to find out she wrote a cookbook this year. I especially loved these bits from the interview: “your truth can be useful to people” + “Part of what I learned this year is that we tend to waste our lives waiting for big moments, and there is a lot of joy to be found in small moments. To me, that’s the secret of life.”