I’m so glad to report that we’ve wrapped up construction on our bathroom and now it’s just a matter of finishing touches, like finding a shower curtain and rug. The fun stuff! It feels like our house has tripled in size, now that we’ve moved back into the two bedrooms, dining room, and laundry room that were used for construction. The project has made it a little hectic this summer, but there’s been a lot of slow-paced family time too.
It’s hard to believe, but we just sent our oldest off to kindergarten last week (in July, which feels crazy early!). She’s been loving it and our whole family has been adjusting to new rhythms of school schedules. I have always loved the routine of school, first as a student and then as a teacher, so it feels so comfortable to be back into that familiar territory.
Regardless of school, we’re still firmly in summertime, so here are a few bits and bobs I’ve stumbled on in the last couple months I just had to share with you.
- A Minnesota Modern Backyard by a food blogger who has crafted one of my favorite homes online.
- Lately I’ve been depending on a rotisserie chicken for the days when grocery shopping is edging too close to a meal time. Tips for picking the juiciest rotisserie chicken are right up my alley, plus a chopped chicken salad recipe to use the leftovers.
- This outfit looks so cheerful for the end of summer fairs and festivals.
- Zach and I were hooked on Malcolm Gladwell’s podcast during our long drive to the lake in July.
- I bought a pretty dress with some birthday money, and the feminine embroidery and shape is a nice change of pace from my usual track shorts and tee (also this one and this).
- This summer: Evelyn’s favorite toy, Tommy’s favorite toy, Theo’s favorite toy.
- A kitchen remodel using black and white IKEA cabinets is giving me major inspiration for someday.
- Did you see that Grana is having a huge summer sale? It includes all the Grana activewear I love, plus tons of cashmere and silk pieces.
From my Amazon cart….
- kids’ water bottle, for Tommy’s birthday next month.
- magnadoodle, for my niece’s birthday present.
- bed rail, because Theo is now in a big boy bed, the little climber.
- vintage air circulator fan, functional and nice-looking, the second one we’ve bought this year.
- Schleich animal, for Tommy’s birthday.
Recent posts, in case you missed them…
Swim Style. Almost all of these are on sale now if you’re still shopping!
15 Favorite Summer Books. Something for the whole family to read.
Now that we have a little more structure to our days, I’m hoping to be blogging again more frequently. I’d love your help with two things…
First, is there anything you’d like to see on the blog this fall? Many blog post ideas come from YOU, so thank you in advance.
Second, what’s your pajama drawer like? I’m tackling my own drawer, and I’m curious….do you wear pajama sets, basic undies, old tees and leftovers? Mine is a messy mishmash, and it’s a challenge with the changing seasons too.
Thanks for sharing, friends! Happy, sunny summer days to you!