Fall has turned crisp and cool in our neighborhood. The leaves are just starting to fall although I haven’t seen as many beautiful colors this year, thanks to weeks without rain. I’m starting to switch out shorts to sweaters in our closets. Soup recipes are back in rotation, which always makes the house feel extra cozy. I love lighting a candle in the evenings and cuddling in a blanket on the couch. It’s such a good time of year.
Here are a few bits + bobs I’ve stumbled on lately…
- Can’t stop listening to Lord Huron’s album Lonesome Dreams.
- A dining room with something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. I love it all.
- 5 ways to slow down this fall.
- My all-time fave candle.
- The wonderful Dear Daughters podcast is back for Season 2.
- Chore ideas for toddlers, from my sweet sister-in-law.
- This fall: Evie’s favorite toy, Tommy’s favorite toy, Theo’s favorite toy
- I finally grabbed a pair of Everlane’s new boyfriend jeans after they had been sold out. I wasn’t sure of the length at first, but after a full day’s wear – I am super happy with the fit. More to come.
From my Amazon cart…
We’ve been on a spending freeze lately. I always like to do one leading up to the holidays, but I did order a few records for a wedding gift. I’m thinking a record player might need to go on my gift guides this year!
Madewell’s Sale is on Sale…
This weekend, one of my favorite brands has an extra 30% off sale items. Always be careful with sales, because they can be the cast-offs and fill your closet with clutter if you aren’t intentional. But if you pick and choose you can grab some closet staples at such a steal. Here’s what I would recommend…
- Baseball cap, $14. I wear mine to the zoo on sunny days, to cover up dirty hair, and any time I want to add a sporty spin to an outfit.
- The Brenner Boot in leather, $139. I invested in a pair of these boots last year and was very impressed at the quality and style of these boots. They go perfectly with jeans and dresses all winter long and the heel is sturdy and creates a long, slimming leg. I can even wear this heel with my kids, which is saying a lot.
- Whisper Cotton Tee, $10. These tees are staples in my wardrobe year-round. I would pick the dark palm color, or this version in stripes.
- Eyelet Ruffle-Front Blouse, $35. This stunner looks much more expensive than the sale price. You can pair it with high rise denim and tennis shoes, black jeans and black boots, or a pencil skirt for a fancy holiday party. Plus, it’s machine washable. Win.
Happy pumpkin season, friends!!