My first Everlane order arrived in 2014 and since then, I’ve had the opportunity to try many of their styles. Some have been huge hits and become staples in my closet and others haven’t quite hit the mark. Today, I’d love to share my all-time favorite purchases from Everlane.
(If you’ve never bought from Everlane before, feel free to sign up using my referral link. This is not a sponsored post, just the sort of post I look for when I’m trying out a new brand. However referrals are one way to help keep this blog up and running – your order is the same price, but I get a small commission. Thank you!)
When you’re ordering online, it can feel tricky to get the sizing and styles that will really work for you. I’ll try to share as many details as I can about sizes and fit to help you avoid the hassle of exchanges and returns. For reference, I’m 5’4″ and typically wear a small or size 4 in J.Crew and Madewell clothes and a size 7.5 in shoes.
- THE MODERN BOYFRIEND JEANS (Mid Blue, size 26). These are the boyfriend jeans I’ve been searching for for years. Not overly stretchy, the Japanese denim can go all day without turning sloppy. The 10″ rise is also an improvement on other boyfriend jeans I’ve owned. Mixed in my closet, these can add a casual cool vibe to lots of tops I already own. I chose to buy one size down and wear them higher on my waist, or you can buy your normal size and wear them lower on your hips. I would buy these jeans again and again.
- THE MODERN LOAFER (c/o, Black, size 8). Everlane sent me these shoes to review, and they have become one of my favorite shoes to wear. In a classic black, they truly elevate every outfit. If I had to choose a different color, the Olive would be my next choice. These run narrow, so I sized up a half-size and the Italian leather has molded perfectly to my foot. If you have wide feet, these aren’t the shoe for you, though.
- THE MODERN POINT (Cognac Suede, size 8). These flats are a more recent purchase, and the cognac suede is lovely in person. The pointy toe elongates my legs. They run narrow in the toe, so I sized up a half-size.
- THE CASHMERE CREW (Black, Navy, Heather Grey, size small). These sweaters won’t go out of style, and Everlane’s cashmere is super soft (more than Grana’s) and Grade A quality. I love that they don’t stretch out. Buying these sweaters in classic colors was the beginning of switching my closet from whatever I could afford on the sale rack to saving up for a couple quality items I truly loved wearing. These are pieces I would never declutter or grow tired of.
- THE CASHMERE CREW CARDIGAN (Navy, size small). Similar to the crew sweater, this is luxurious cashmere in a classic cut. Typically I wear it as a top, buttoned up. The fit is spot-on, without any gapping at the buttons.
- THE SLIM CLASSIC FRENCH TERRY CREW (Sage, size small). I prefer this newer version of sweatshirt, with a traditional sporty neckline and comfortable sleeves. The sage color is gorgeous in person, and I also like the navy and rose colors. This forms the base of my everyday stay-home mom uniform. For the price, it’s a steal. I tried sizing up, since many reviewers said it ran small, but for me, the medium was way too oversized and the small was just right.
- THE COTTON BOX CUT POCKET TEE (White, Black, size small). These tees are a best-seller for good reason. They wash super well, and the cotton starts soft, and gets even softer over time. The white isn’t see-through, which is hard to find. They have boyish neckline and pocket, but with a feminine slightly cropped cut. They’re a staple piece in my closet.
- THE CLASSIC FRENCH TERRY SWEATPANT (Heather Grey, size extra-small). A weekend essential in my closet, these joggers are a thicker cotton than cheaper options. They don’t get baggy around the knees and feel more sturdy than stretchy. I needed to size down, mostly because I’m shorter than the Everlane models, so the sweatpants were kind of pooling around my ankles.
- THE COTTON CREW TEE (White/Navy Stripe, size small). I’ve had problems with the Cotton V curling up around the neckline after washing. However, the Cotton Crew has washed really well and kept it’s shape. The small is pretty tight-fitting on me, which is fine since I often tuck it in to a ponte skirt or the wide leg crops. If you want a looser fit, size up.
- THE WIDE LEG CROP PANT (c/o, True Black, size 2). Everlane offered to send me these pants to write a styling post last year. To be honest, I was thoroughly in “team skinny pants” and was skeptical of the cropped wide leg. Since they were free, I decided to try it out and I’m very glad I did. First, I was really happy with the fabric, which is a thick, garment dyed cotton with 1% stretch. They are an ideal “mom” fabric because of the durability, but it also manages to be skimming, unlike many khaki fabrics. Second, the high waist with exaggerated wide legs IS flattering. If you want to emphasize your waist, it will make it look tiny. Finally, it proves that one additional piece in your closet can open up a myriad of new outfit options. This pant makes a normal tee or button-up or crewneck sweater look very different than it would with skinny jeans.